The broad objective of this organization is to prepare atlases and thematic maps of the country to cater the various needs of administrators, planners, politicians, researchers, students and the people at large. Various themes conceived include physiography, hydrology, climate, administrative, political, social, agricultural, industrial, cultural & economic scenario of the nation and the spatio-temporal changes happening in the country. Major objectives of the organisation are:
- To prepare atlases and thematic maps
- To collaborate with other central and state government organisations to meet their map requirements.
- To promote the use of geospatial information and technology in cartography
- To provide training in Remote sensing, Geographical Information System, Global Positioning System and Digital Cartography.
- To publish maps and atlases for the benefit of various users
- To carryout geographic researches.
Visitor Count : 542300 | Last Updated on 24 - 02 - 2017